Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day One on the Road to the Coast.

Our main goal today day was to motor from Abbotsford, B.C. to Somewhere On The Coast Of America.  We did it, yay!  We made it to Aberdeen, WA, the hub of Gray's Harbour.  The welcome sign to Aberdeen, WA had this welcoming note:

COME AS YOU ARE

So we came as we are.  Loud.

We saw some sub-interesting sights on our way here, the Space Needle, a nuclear power plant, Target.

We picked up some locally made beer, Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber Ale.  We thought it would be a fun idea to try the local breweries while travelling.  I hate beer.  So I'll just try make commentary on the graphics of the labels, maybe.  I know it must be good beer, because Sparky took a long time tipping bottles and speculating about the beer.

I'm going to check out the local coffee roasters instead.  But, not wanting to take any chances on foreign coffee, we did bring our own beans and our own french press.  I know, coffee snob.  Oh well.

I did some modern art this evening, representing our stepping over the border to the Land of the Free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment